Dr. Carl Edward Archibald Albrecht
From an early age on I have always been interested in different cultures and was always fond of travelling. A stay at Saudi-Arabia after my high school graduation became the starting point of a way that led me to becoming intercultural trainer and intercultural mediator.
I am particularly fond of the arid and semi-arid areas of this world (deserts, semi-deserts, steppes and savannahs). Therefore, I have spent a lot of time in Africa and Asia. Through my studies of Social and Cultural Anthropology I have specifically improved my intercultural awareness. As I was repeatedly asked to mediate conflicts I became Chamber of Commerce-approved and certified mediator with advanced training in economic and family mediation.
The realization that many intercultural conflicts could be completely avoided if intercultural awareness would be promoted purposefully and several really bad experiences with available training courses in intercultural mediation led to the conclusion that I became dgikt-certified intercultural trainer as I would like to build bridges between people on the one hand and stimulate the understanding of mediators for intercultural conflicts.
If you do not plan to blunder around in a foreign culture I would like to stimulate your intercultural awareness through an intercultural training course.
If you are already stuck in an intercultural conflict, I am eager to assist you in finding a constructive and consensual solution via intercultural mediation.
My qualifications in detail:
- International experience in more than 20 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia, including stays abroad for several months in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Egypt and Ghana.
- Studies of Cultural and Social Anthropology at Georg-August-University, Goettingen, applied profile with regional focus on Africa. Studies of geography as minor subject. Master of Arts (Cultural and Social Anthropology)
- dgikt-certified intercultural trainer (IKUD® Seminare, Goettingen).
Conflict resolution skills:
- IHK-approved mediator (Technische Akademie Hameln)
- Certified mediator (Zentrum für Mediation und Kommunikation Dresden (hereafter ZMKD))
- Economic mediator (ZMKD)
- Family mediator (ZMKD)
- Working as economic mediator with a focus on mediation in medium-sized companies, mediation in agriculture and intercultural mediation since 2017.
- 18 months of agricultural training on farms with dairy cattle, beef cattle and plant production.
- Trainee exams at the chamber of agriculture Hanover.
- Studies of agriculture, subject area animal production with a focus on tropics and subtropics at Georg-August-University, Goettingen. Master of Science (Agriculture), Dr. Sc. Agr.
- During my studies of agriculture perennial seasonal occupation as research assistant at Versuchswesen Pflanzenschutz, Kleinburgwedel
- Thorough experience in agricultural development research.
- Freelance agricultural consultant for animal production in the tropics and subtropics since 2017.
Project management skills:
- Certified coordinator in international project management. (Gesellschaft für Nachhaltige Entwicklung (GNE), Witzenhausen, since 2017.
- Diverse practical experiences through the planning and implementation of my own international research projects.